Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Cleansing, Part Due

Well, as I write this I am sucking down a homemade smoothie, after eating my flaxseed oatmeal and banana and taking the a.m.'s dose of fiber. Mmm, fiber. I have to tell you that my body is responding more to this cleanse than the last one (Sept '06) and I think it's a positive response. So far, I've dropped about 5 pounds - I was not using this as a weight-loss program by any means, but it's nice to get a jumpstart. Not sure about C, but I'll have him check into that.

By far the hardest parts are the weekends...we got through the first one by purchasing a delightful product - gourmet, wholegrain, jalapeno tortilla chips. They're unbelievably good and good FOR YOU. Check 'em out here. Not a minute too soon, either, since C was totally jonesing for some snack food.

To stand a cleanse, you are met with your fair share of temptation...we had it three-fold last Saturday. We went to the Revolution opening game (Go Revs!) and we had to:
A) Tailgate (no beer, no sausages, no steak tips, no chips, no cookies)
B) Keep warm in the 32' Boston wind (no beer)
C) Survive the vendors with all their treats walking up and down the aisle repeatedly (no hotdogs, no popcorn, no cotton candy, no licorice, no hot chocolate, no beer (again))

Chris was a champ and I owe him a big sausage at Fenway in the near future. Also, some beer and a pizza since he missed out on that last night...eeks. Sounds like a lot of catching up to do in the near future.

But hey, we still feel better!

*Interested in our cleanse? This is the product we are using - check it out HERE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is an excellent idea! Laura and I will start today!