Thursday, April 10, 2008

Yeah, we are HERE where are YOU?

So, C and I ventured to Faneuil Hall this past weekend...we were willing the nice weather to come so we could walk around, watch street performers and eat. We only ate do to frigid temps and we were still on the tail end of our cleanse, so we chose Wagamama.

Wagamama is one of my faves - shut up haters - it's a fun concept with healthy food options and I enjoy their noodle dishes. I started going there whenever I traveled to London and the bond was formed. Anyway, so we get there, wait about 5 minutes and are seated.

Then nothing.

Still nothing.

I wave down an unsuspecting dude who isn't in the traditional uniform. Let him know that we've been waiting, haven't ordered drinks, etc. He starts writing on our placemats and I'm telling him water, green tea, #37 & #38. He leaves.

More nothing. The guy that was supposed to be our waiter is dropping checks and filling water, clearing the empty spots next to us...he glances over. I lift my eyebrows like "yeah, we are HERE where are YOU?"

He asks us if we're all set. These are the first words he says to us - isn't that ridiculous? Anyway, ultimately it takes forever for us to get a check, he clears our soup bowls on the table by POURING MY SOUP INTO C'S BOWL and then leaves. I have to wave down some other unsuspecting dude to run our check. I'm ready to tackle the server. Then, C leaves him like 18% and I am baffled. So, I wrote at the top of the check "very poor service". Ugh.

I get it, that's not nice. But it was necessary...if I were paying I am not sure that I would have tipped him at all. The only thing he did for us was take our plates. I would have preferred to slip the other guys a few bucks cash and call it a day. Is that wrong?

No comments: