Thursday, March 27, 2008

Cleansing, Part 1

So, C and I are doing a Whole Body Detox Cleanse...this has nothing to do with rehab, it's simply a detoxification of our liver, lymphnodes, and intestines. You have to limit your intake of processed foods, carbs, refined sugars, sodium, and a whole lotta else.

So far, so good - we both are feeling a longing for carbs (crackers, pasta, ANYTHING). It's funny because not only can C not wait for dinner (dinner=brown rice) but he actually thinks that everything smells like bread.

Real conversation:

"Smells funny...like paint or something."

"I don't get that. Smells like bread. I think someone is making bread"

"Honey, that's not bread, that smell is sawdust or something" (noting the dusty footprints)

"Hmmm...all I smell is bread. Everything smells like bread."

Only 10 more days to go.

1 comment:

Chris said...

So yes, everything does smell like bread, pizza, sausage, and anything else that I cannot eat. Yet, I will say that my wife has treated me extremely well throughout the process and fortunately has not caused me to go hungry... oh how I miss the taste of chocolate...

I think Part 2 should be about our little trip to the Revolution.