Monday, June 23, 2008

Shoe boutique sound-off

I am desperate for some new shoe boutiques...honestly, I am SO tired of local boutiques only carrying the high-end brands that the department stores do...if I wanted that, I would go to Sak's or Neimans (and I do). I expect a lot from boutique owners and here is why:

1. You get to personally select your merchandise. Yes, you are catering to your clients, but you don't need 18 colors of TB Riva's...we can get them elsewhere. What you need to do is find something to set you apart (like mid-priced brands or high-end shoes with distinct flourishes that you can't find anywhere)

2. You can edit other people's collections...again w/ the Riva comment...pick the 5 colors that complement the season. Say, metallics, whites, brights...you can let the black/brown pumps wait in the back for a few more months. Why think you have to put them ALL out? Having an edited selection is tighter and more exclusive...plus you'll sell out of your inventory if you price them right.


We want to shop from you, it's personal, it's fun, it's a neighborhood atmosphere - so let us enjoy the experience, namely by carrying a range of styles, designers, and prices. I'm a person that invests in shoes, but when I want a shoe to walk to work in, I'd rather spend $65 than $265 so keep some shoes in every price range for Pete's sake. Or mine.

No comments: