Thursday, May 7, 2009

Target Pop-up Store

Being in the world of retail marketing as well as LOVING to shop, I find these sorts of things super fun!

Target does a lot for me - it was where my friends and I would go in college, nearly every weekend (where else can you get slippers, develop film, buy snacks, find a cute pair of earrings, and bring home some new music?) I love their advertising, I love their alignment with designers to bring chic to cheap, I just enjoy being there and purchasing (good for Target, bad for paycheck). Either way, I had to check out the pop-up store and was not disappointed.

There were racks and racks of clothes, shoes, bags, sunglasses, lip gloss, lotion. Fresh flowers, real lemons, fake cabbages (note: I saw a woman pick two up and compare them - weird), lamps, chairs, pillows - gorgeous pillows- and bedding. Pretty much all that you love at Target, minus the "boring" stuff.

Definitely worth checking out - but be prepared to roam the 3 floors with about 200 other people.

No comments: