Friday, May 8, 2009

Springtime in Chi-town

Well, it's spring in Chicago and we've yet to have a week that so truly announces it's arrival as this past week - sun, rain, warmth, brisk breezes. If with the good, comes the bad, then I'd say we had a pretty 50/50 split this week of either. I'm enjoying the flowering trees and the tulips and daffodils I see everywhere - here is a shot of LP near our house with the green grass and the budding trees:



So far, I think springtime in Chicago is a lot like the past 6 in Boston, though we haven't had a late snow (well, March was late for ME). Only 6 more weeks until it's officially summer!

I for one am quite excited for the outdoor Green City Market this weekend. After a false alarm last weekend, we are very ready to peruse the stands once again and scramble home to put it all together in some sort of veggie delight or fruit salad. I love, love, love the options and the freshness of it all. Plus, it's a fun activity with C and the pup! This weekend kicks off their 11th anniversary of bring local produce to the city. How better to celebrate it than with a 'lettuce fest'?

No comments: