Monday, January 26, 2009

Weekend Flix

So, C and I are under the weather and have been home sleep-watching movies for the past few days (week). Thank god we had the foresight to return our overdue Netflix and we received two fresh films on Thursday afternoon - ripe for the weekend.

Much to his chagrin, I am (sort of) in charge of the queue. In my opinion, I pick movies worth seeing...his version is a little different and generally involves a comment about subtitles. Regardless, I think that at least 50% of my recent choices were good and I am obviously so convinced that I'm writing about it. "Lars and the Real Girl" was the clear winner this weekend - honestly, I had no panging desire to see this film, but thought that it sounded like an interesting concept, so I added it to the queue a while back. It is basically about a guy who thinks a sex-doll is a real person/woman and the life of him, her, and their town as they broach this relationship. I laughed out loud, I teared up, I wanted to see another film by the writers...isn't that a good movie experience? Especially if you don't feel good and have these same emotions.

Anyone else seen it and loved/hated it? The "Shower" was a little less popular in our house...but I digress.

No comments: