Friday, January 16, 2009

Cold, cold, cold

So, this is it - winter in Chicago. I was warned, I was told to be prepared, I bought a jacket...but this is ridiculous. Honestly, I saw a woman on the news in an ear wrap, a hat, a hood, AND a face mask and she said she could barely move her lips. THEN STAY INSIDE. That is my ground-breaking advice to everyone in this city right now.

I put on all of my clothes to walk indoors to eat lunch yesterday just in case there was a chance that someone would open a door near me. Seriously. I am not taking any chances of getting that blast of arctic air. Arctic is a good word, as C mentioned to me that it was warmer in Alaska (you know, home state of Palin, Russian neighbor, tundra) than it was in the southern states of the lower 48.

If you can't stay inside, if you really MUST go out, get yourself a damn good hat (or two) and don't leave anything exposed. Not when this is considered "warmer":
Current conditions

Partly Cloudy
-3°
Wind: SSW 8 mph
Dewpoint: -13°
Humidity: 62%
Visibility: 10.0 miles
Barometer: 30.80 in

No comments: