Tuesday, February 19, 2008

They call me Mellow Yellow

When I was little, yellow was my absolute favorite color. I elected to get an entire bedroom set in yellow when I was 6. Who lets their kid pick out Ethan Allen furniture and then agree to the color? My lovely parents. It was a canopy to boot - tres cool.

Anyway, I have retained that sense of joy when I see yellow popping up on runways and on shelves and people at the mall. It is such a happy color and makes you look tan - what's better than happy and tan?

Anyway, my lust after collection has to be from Ms Tory Burch...I want all of her yellow tops! They actually inspired me to break out this ruffled/layered yellow tank I have and pair it with some wide-leg gray pants. C thinks I'm predictable because I gravitate towards all things yellow these days...last year it was orange.

Another great yellow collection is from JCrew which I have been increasingly impressed with...thier yellow is much more green infused, like a grassy chartreuse-y yellow. Love, love, love the satin, button-up skirt. It will be mine...

My advice: buy up all the yellow you can get.

No comments: