Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Raging Bull

Honestly, I LOVE Toro - I just do. I don't care who owns it, or how hard it is to get a table, or what order my food comes (as long as it comes), I just genuinely enjoy the place.

Recently, we went for a light dinner. We weren't starved, but wanted something good in a cozy place - it's perfect for that. The wait was about 45 minutes, so we grabbed some wine and loitered at the bar. About 20 minutes later, the host asked if we'd like to sit at the communal table. In the middle. Across from each other.

Alright, we were fine with that. Just settled up at the bar and squeezed our way in. Time passes...no server. It's busy, whatev, sip your wine. More time passes...no server. I flag the host and he is apologetic (sorta) and brings a woman over who immediately says "I'm not your server, but I can start on some tapas for you..." Fine, I tell her the order....ask for water...STILL NO SIGN OF OUR SERVER. I'm like "am I crazy for thinking she should come over here?" We start getting tapas, they lose one in the shuffle, have to flag her for more water and wine, I leave her a sh*t tip (15%).


Bottom line - will continue to go for the food. (period)

Any other experiences like that? I feel like I'm not alone...this is Toro Lovers Anonymous.

No comments: