Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Nella Pizzeria

Went to check out the new Nella Pizzeria in LP this past Friday - we were looking for a low-key place to grab a bite, have a glass of wine, and not spend $1MM. Nella fit the bill.

A-Shan and I immediately ordered a glass of Sangiovese, a Friday night special, and launched into our weekly de-brief. After our patient waiter returned to take our order (for the 4th time) we selected two salads (arugula for me, mixed green for her) and the Fiorentina pizza (mozzarella, spinach and ricotta). The salads were a great size - fresh, perfectly dressed, plus a wedge of lemon for mine that was an added bonus. I would have loved some fresh cracked pepper, but I didn't ask...

Our pizza was a great size for two ladies sharing - thinking that if C and I went, we'd need to get another one and/or an additional appetizer - and we ate the entire thing. The crust was nice and chewy, the sauce was a perfect ratio with the cheese. I "dressed" mine with crushed red pepper flakes and it was divine...a great Friday night meal with a great friend.

The place really filled up after I got there (about 6:45pm) but there were always seats at the bar. Good energy, good food, reasonable prices and walking distance are a winning recipe for me!

No comments: