Friday, February 20, 2009

Email for Recommendations - Wicker Park/Bucktown

So, I guess given my love of restaurants, I am the natural person to ask for advice when trying to select one...I just sometimes am flummoxed by what people are looking for based on their supplied criteria. Case in point, check out this email chain. It's not that weird, but I think some of their requests were contradictory, therefore some of my choices seemed odd. Review:

From: Concerned Diner
Sent: Friday, February 20, 2009 10:30AM
To: The City Enthusiast
Subject: Wicker Park/Bucktown

So, I have a quick question:
[Needing a] Restaurant recommendation
· Wicker Park/Bucktown
· Neighborhood feel
· Any food type
· Parents are in town
· Price doesn’t matter
· Already mentioned Bristol and Bongo Room

From: The City Enthusiast
Sent: Friday, February 20, 2009 1:50PM
To: Concerned Diner
Subject: Re: Wicker Park/Bucktown

Hi there, this is my list - I just talked to A-Shan and added Blue Fin from her reco! Who is this for?

- Feast (New American/comfort)
- Francesca's Al Forno (Italian)
- Mirai (sushi)
- Adobo Grill (Mexican)
- Blue Fin (Japanese)
- Hot Chocolate (New American)
- Piece or Crust (pizza)

- The C.E

Readers, I feel like my list is all over the place. I think that saying Mirai is a neighborhood place doesn't explain the essence (or the expense) of Mirai. That Francesca's and Feast are warm and cozy and neighborhood-ish is fine, but is that where you want to go when "parents are in town" or "price doesn't matter"? I'm off my game this afternoon, perhaps. Perhaps the original email was too vague, yet too specific for my brainstorm...we shall see. I now desperately want to know what they choose!

Any other recommendations for this Concerned Diner?

No comments: